Imad Ayass is a member of the firm’s corporate practice group representing both U.S. and international clients in a broad range of corporate, regulatory and transactional matters. He also has significant experience with infrastructure projects and regulatory and corporate compliance matters.
With more than 24 years of experience in the United States, Europe, and the countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council, Imad advises global and regional companies on issues including corporate compliance, M&A, technology licensing agreements, joint ventures, infrastructure projects, Intellectual Property issues, and export control issues. His clients include multinational companies, sovereign wealth funds, executives, start-up businesses, family offices and significant companies in the satellite, aerospace, IT, life science, healthcare, and biotech industries.
- Mergers and acquisitions by aerospace companies that included legal due diligence, critical strategic negotiations of Share Purchase Agreements (“SPAs”) with M&A elements, governance considerations (board composition, delegation of authorities matrix), and compliance considerations (regulatory and corporate).
- Managed regulatory affairs and interacted with government regulatory agencies regarding the set up and maintenance of ITAR and EAR compliance programs.
- Advised on major international infrastructure and greenfield projects, including aerospace and satellite construction and financing.
- Served as in house general counsel providing legal support to sophisticated international corporate groups, including leading negotiations on major projects and drafting and negotiating agreements relating to Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, IP Licensing, Aerospace, Content Acquisition, Project Financing, Distribution and Dealer Agreements in overseas jurisdictions, satellite frequency coordination and many other ventures.
- Advised startup companies and their owners on private law issues including entity selection, shareholder agreements, IP issues, services agreements, asset protection, taxation and estate planning.
- Advised on a $1.2 Billion (USD) project financing for the development of two satellites.
- Conducted aerospace and technology acquisitions on behalf of a major sovereign wealth fund in the GCC.
- Advised on various entertainment law and content acquisition deals with global content (movies, shows and sports) providers, including Hollywood studios, as well as European and Middle Eastern content providers.
- Advised on and negotiated the first analog to digital pay television technology migration in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Established, managed, and audited corporate compliance and corporate governance initiatives, including the creation and management of charters (EXCOM, Audit Committee, Strategic Committee), minutes of meetings, compliance reports, and project reports for presentations to various Boards and Audit Committees.